Beckmann Vidal Net Worth & Biography


Beckmann Vidal Net Worth & Biography

Popular Name: Beckmann Vidal
Real Name: Juan Francisco Beckmann Vidal
Birth Date: February 1940
Birth Place:
Age: 81
Gender: Male
Nationality/Citizenship: Mexican
Height: N/A
Weight: N/A
Sexuality: Straight
Marital Status: Married
Maria de Jesus Dora Legorreta Santos
Children: 3
Profession: Businessman, Philanthropist
Years active: N/A
Net Worth: $2.4 Billion
Last Updated: 2021

Juan Beckmann is one of the most respected business leaders of Mexico, distinguished for his visionary and quixotic leadership of the two-century-old Mexican family-owned tequila-producing company José Cuervo, which is considered a maker of the world’s best-selling tequila. The Mexican billionaire businessman is the owner of 70 percent of the José Cuervo tequila brand, while his son, Juan Domingo, is in control of the remaining 30 percent. Here’s everything we’ve got on Juan Beckmann and his vast empire and fortune.

Early Life: Childhood, Education

Juan Francisco Beckmann Vidal was born in Mexico and was brought up in Tijuana. He was born in February 1940.

He attended Tecnológico de Monterrey for his bachelor’s degree in public accounting and later enrolled at EGADE Business School at the same institution where he completed an MBA degree.

The skills that were gained by Beckmann throughout his education, in addition to his vision for a better world, have placed him among the most effective business leaders in the world today.

Professional Life: Business Career, Honors

The tequila maker José Cuervo has been owned by Juan Beckmann’s family for 11 generations, and in 1970, he took charge of the company and was able to continue from where his ancestors stopped, as the president of José Cuervo.

Mr. Beckmann serves as the chairman of Casa Cuervo and JB, and sits on the board of twenty-eight family-owned companies. He also currently serves as a director of Banamex Grupo Financiero, Instituto Mexicano para la Competitividad, Consejo Mexicano de Hombres de Negocios, Consejo Mexicano de Comercio Exterior (COMCE), Confederación Patronal de la República Mexicana (COPARMEX), Consejo Coordinador Patronal, and Industrias Peñoles. He has also been a director of Grupo Aeromexico for over twenty years starting from 2007. Beckmann has also chaired the board of directors of Mexichem and of Corporación Los Olivos. He serves on the board of advisors of Tecnológico de Monterrey in Mexico City.

His business legacy is made clear by visionary leadership and devotion and commitment to people, global growth, and innovation, and he is illustrious as a marketing innovator, having evolved José Cuervo—and particularly the Don Julio brand—into the most acclaimed tequila in the world. He is equally distinguished by his commitment to and passion for Mexico, evidenced by his life-long commitment to philanthropy and dedication to the development of initiatives in the fields of cultural development, health, environmental sustainability, education, and community development programs that have yielded a lasting and positive impact in many parts of Mexico and for which Mr. Beckmann has been honored internationally.

The José Cuervo Foundation, which he founded in 1998, builds on the philanthropic backgrounds of Casa Cuervo and the Beckmann Family.

Achievements: Awards & Honors

He has been recognized and honored throughout Mexico and internationally throughout his lifetime, particularly for his commitment to bettering lives wherever Casa Cuervo operates. The highly-respected businessman has received many honors and lifetime achievement awards from different corners of the world, and today, he is considered one of the most effective business leaders in the world.

About the Company

Many organizations and sources around the world consider Jose Cuervo as the best-selling brand of tequila. According to recent statistics, it sells a fifth of all the tequila consumed worldwide.

Jose Cuervo sells 3.5 million cases of tequila in the United States annually (as of 2012), accounting for nearly half of the United States tequila market. It is a family-owned enterprise and is run today by the prominent Beckmann family of Mexico, direct descendants of Don José Antonio de Cuervo. Domingo Beckmann is the 6th generation leader of the company.

In July 2013 Proximo Spirits took over the distribution of Jose Cuervo in the United States from Diageo, following Diageo’s unsuccessful attempt to purchase the company.

In 1758, Don José Antonio de Cuervo and his family erected the Taberna de Cuervo, a farm where they would cultivate and harvest a water-retaining plant found in central Mexico known as the flowering blue agave plant. This plant is distilled to create tequila.

In 1795 the first Vino Mezcal de Tequila de Jose Cuervo was produced after Antonio de Cuervo’s son José María Guadalupe de Cuervo was permitted by King Carlos IV of Spain to commercially produce tequila following a time of prohibition during the reign of King Carlos III. This was the birth of the now giant tequila industry.

The Cuervo family began bottling tequila for commercial distribution by 1880. While other distillers were still using barrels, Cuervo stepped up their game and became the first distiller to bottle tequila. The company’s first bottled tequila was sold in 1906.

After Don Jesús passed away, his wife, Ana González Rubio, inherited the company and in moved on to marry José Cuervo Labastida, head of La Constancia in 1900. From then on, the company became Jose Cuervo Tequila. When Ana Gonzélez Rubio died in 1934, the estate was left to her sister’s daughter Guadalupe Gallardo, who passed away in 1966 and left the business to her sister, Virginia Gallardo. One of her children, Juan Beckmann Gallardo, would emerge to take up management of the business. Half of Cuervo was owned and controlled by Distribuidora Bega, and, starting in 1979, the other half was owned by Grupo Cuervo, comprising of Beckmann, his first son Juan Beckmann Vidal, Heublein Inc., and José Luis Campos.

Personal Life: Marriage, Children, Private Interests

Mr. Beckmann and his wife Maria de Jesus Dora Legorreta Santos are the parents of three children and reside in Mexico City.

Together with his first son, through the Luxembourg company Fambech Luxco, Beckmann owns three apartments on New York’s Trump Tower.

The New York Times, in 2020, revealed that the owner of 84B 438 Park Avenue, an unnamed member of the Beckmann family, had settled with developers concerning a “catastrophic water flood” that affected floors 83-86 in 2016. The apartment was said to be worth $84 million.

Beckmann Vidal Net Worth: Salary, Shares, Income Sources

Beckmann Vidal has a net worth of $2.4 billion. The Mexican billionaire is a businessman and philanthropist who the world recognizes for being an important part of the Grupo Cuervo which partly owns the tequila brand Jose Cuervo. His son Juan Domingo Beckmann is the current chief executive officer of Jose Cuervo. Beckmann Vidal owns 70 percent of the business while the younger Beckmann manages the remaining 30 percent.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.