Domingo Beckmann Net Worth & Biography


Domingo Beckmann Net Worth & Biography

Popular Name: Domingo Beckmann
Real Name: Juan Domingo Beckmann Legorreta
Birth Date: July 1967
Birth Place:
Age: 54
Gender: Male
Nationality/Citizenship: Mexican
Height: N/A
Weight: N/A
Sexuality: Straight
Marital Status: Married
Children: N/A
Profession: Businessman
Years active: N/A
Net Worth: $1 Billion
Last Updated: 2021

Domingo Beckmann is a well-known name in Mexico and also in several other parts of the world where the José Cuervo brand is known primarily due to his relationship with the company as one of its highly-respected owners. He is a part of a family of direct descendants of the company founder Don Jose Antonio de Cuervo who founded the brand back in 1975. José Cuervo is known to be the best-selling tequila brand in the whole world. The company makes up nearly one-third of the market share both in the United States and worldwide, with Proximo Spirits being its main distributor since 2013.

The following texts bear useful details of the Mexican businessman’s biography and career highlights. Read on concisely to the end to learn more about Domingo Beckmann and how he makes and spends his money.

Early Life: Childhood, Education

Mr. Domingo Beckmann’s full name is Juan Domingo Beckmann Legorreta. He was born in one of the beautiful and cultural cities in Mexico in July 1967. Likewise, he experienced his childhood in the country and equally obtained his education there. He is the son of billionaire businessman and entrepreneur Juan Beckmann Vidal.

He attended the Universidad Anahuac for his bachelor’s degree in business administration and later completed a master’s degree in marketing at the same institution.

Professional Life: Business Career

The Mexican businessman, Juan Domingo Beckmann, is the current chief executive officer of the world-renowned tequila company José Cuervo.

Juan is said to own roughly 30 percent of the company which is well-recognized in Mexico, the United States, the United Kingdom, and many other countries where its products are sold. His father Juan Beckmann owns the remaining 70 percent.

About the Company

Many organizations and sources around the world consider Jose Cuervo as the best-selling brand of tequila. According to recent statistics, it sells a fifth of all the tequila consumed worldwide.

Jose Cuervo sells 3.5 million cases of tequila in the United States annually (as of 2012), accounting for nearly half of the United States tequila market. It is a family-owned enterprise and is run today by the prominent Beckmann family of Mexico, direct descendants of Don José Antonio de Cuervo. Domingo Beckmann is the 6th generation leader of the company.

In July 2013 Proximo Spirits took over the distribution of Jose Cuervo in the United States from Diageo, following Diageo’s unsuccessful attempt to purchase the company.

Domingo Beckmann Net Worth
José Cuervo CEO, Domingo Beckmann

In 1758, Don José Antonio de Cuervo and his family erected the Taberna de Cuervo, a farm where they would cultivate and harvest a water-retaining plant found in central Mexico known as the flowering blue agave plant. This plant is distilled to create tequila.

In 1795 the first Vino Mezcal de Tequila de Jose Cuervo was produced after Antonio de Cuervo’s son José María Guadalupe de Cuervo was permitted by King Carlos IV of Spain to commercially produce tequila following a time of prohibition during the reign of King Carlos III. This was the birth of the now giant tequila industry.

The Cuervo family began bottling tequila for commercial distribution by 1880. While other distillers were still using barrels, Cuervo stepped up their game and became the first distiller to bottle tequila. The company’s first bottled tequila was sold in 1906.

After Don Jesús passed away, his wife, Ana González Rubio, inherited the company and in moved on to marry José Cuervo Labastida, head of La Constancia in 1900. From then on, the company became Jose Cuervo Tequila. When Ana Gonzélez Rubio died in 1934, the estate was left to her sister’s daughter Guadalupe Gallardo, who passed away in 1966 and left the business to her sister, Virginia Gallardo. One of her children, Juan Beckmann Gallardo, would emerge to take up management of the business. Half of Cuervo was owned and controlled by Distribuidora Bega, and, starting in 1979, the other half was owned by Grupo Cuervo, comprising Beckmann, his first son Juan Beckmann Vidal, Heublein Inc., and José Luis Campos.

Personal Life: Marriage, Private Interests

The businessman is married and has kids. He lives with his family in Mexico where he himself was born and brought up. His work also keeps him in Mexico as well, as his family’s business is based in the country.

In March 2020, Mr. Domingo tested positive for COVID-19 during the coronavirus epidemic in Mexico. This came after a party that was held in his honor in Tequila, Jalisco.

Domingo Beckmann Net Worth: Salary, Income Sources, Shares

The Mexican businessman, Juan Domingo Beckmann Legorreta, makes his wealth from his family-owned tequila brand José Cuervo. Mr. Beckmann is the Executive of General Direction and the chief executive officer of the company. He is best known for being a member of the Grupo Cuervo which partly owns the world-renowned tequila brand Jose Cuervo. Beckmann owns roughly 30 percent of the company which is well-recognized in Mexico, the United States, the United Kingdom, and many other countries where its products are sold. His father Juan Beckmann owns the remaining 70 percent. As of the time of this writing, CEO Domingo Beckmann’s net worth is $1 billion.

You might also like
Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.